Strawberries & Cream Vanilla Mud Cake
Prep Time 8 minutes
Cooking Time 45-55 minutes
This recipe uses 2 x Cinderella Vanilla Mud Cake 600g
For the Cake you’ll need:
1 cup water
½ cup vegetable oil
2 x 20cm x 7 cm round cake pans
….And for the filling:
250g whipped cream
Handful of sliced strawberries
…and for Icing:
2 x icing mixes
6 teaspoons hot water
2 tablespoons soft butter or margarine
Punnet of strawberries (cut in half, to decorate)
- Preheat oven to 170°C (150°C fan forced). Grease and flour 2 x cake pans or lightly grease and line with baking paper.
- Place cake mix, eggs, water and vegetable oil into mixing bowl. Mix with a wooden spoon until combined. Pour batter into 2 x prepared cake pan.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes. Cake is baked if it springs back when lightly touched in centre. Allow to cool in pan for 5 minutes before turning out onto a cooling rack.
- To make the filling whip the cream. Slice a handful of strawberries. On the top of 1 cake layer the whipped cream and add sliced strawberries on top of cream. Then add the next cake on top.
- To make the icing, place 2 x packs of icing mix and hot water into a microwave safe bowl and microwave on HIGH for 40 seconds. Mix with a wooden spoon for 1 minute. Add soft butter or margarine and mix until combined. Pour icing over the top of the cake. Spread to cover cake.
TIP: if icing sets too quickly while decorating cake, dip a spatula in hot water and run over the top and sides of cake.
- To decorate add fresh, halved strawberries on top of icing when cooled.
Add a little Magic!
Alternatively using 1 cake, once baked and cooled, split cake in half, fill with fresh sliced strawberries or raspberries and whipped cream before replacing the top, ice as per instructions. Add some strawberries on the top to decorate.
You can also used 1 cake, spit in half, add the icing in the middle and top with fresh, whipped cream and strawberries halved.
For a more decadent cake, once iced, top with pistachio nuts, grated white chocolate, fresh berries or fresh chocolate dipped strawberries.
Switch it up:
For a twist, substitute water in icing with lemon juice. Ice cake as per instructions and decorate with lemon zest.