Ginger & Date Loaf
Makes 1 loaf
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 45-50 minutes
½ cup Cinderella Date Syrup
1 cup flour
½ cup soft brown sugar
½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
2 tsp ground ginger
½ tsp mixed spice
½ tsp cinnamon
½ cup milk
- Preheat the oven to 160°C. (fan bake)
- Grease and line the base of a loaf tin (approx. 12cmx23cm) with baking paper.
- In a small saucepan melt the butter and Cinderella Date Syrup over a low heat. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Sift flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and spices into a mixing bowl.
- Whisk the milk and egg together. Add to the dry ingredients, with the melted butter and syrup and stir to mix. Pour into prepared loaf tin.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean when inserted into the middle of the loaf. Leave to cool in the tin for 20 minutes before turning onto a wire rack. Store in an airtight container when cold. Serve sliced with butter
This loaf can be frozen – wrap in cling film and freeze for up to 1 month.