Flourless Lemon Drizzle Cake
4 large eggs
125g caster sugar
105ml olive oil
1/2 tsp vanilla paste
Zest of 1 lemon
55ml lemon juice
200g Cinderella Almond Meal
1 tsp (5g) baking powder
½ tsp (3g) baking soda
¼ tsp salt
Lemon Icing ingredients:
120g icing sugar
30ml lemon juice
extra lemon zest (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180°C / 160°C fan forced. Grease and line a 20cm round springform tin with baking paper.*
- In a large bowl and using an electric mixer, beat eggs and sugar until thick, fluffy and pale yellow in colour. Add the olive oil, vanilla, zest and juice and beat until combined.
- Add in Cinderella Almond Meal, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Mix with wooden spoon until just combined.
- Pour cake mixture into the lined pan.
- Bake for around 40-45 minutes until golden on top and a toothpick comes out just clean.
- Allow to cool for half an hour before removing the springform tin. Transfer to a cooling rack and allow to cool completely.
- To make the Lemon Icing: Mix together the icing sugar and the lemon juice for a medium thick, but pouring consistency, then drizzle over the cake.
*To make smaller cakes, such as smaller rounds or cakelets, evenly divide batter to fill your desired pans and reduce cooking time to 20 – 25 minutes.
A recipe by @petitesweetsnz