Decadent Chocolate & Raspberry Cupcakes
Prep Time 8 minutes
Cooking Time 20-25 minutes
This recipe uses 1 x Cinderella Chocolate Mud Cake 530g
For the Cupcakes you’ll need:
¾ cup water
4 tablespoons melted butter or margarine
12- hole cupcake tray
…and for Icing:
1 ½ Tbsp Hot Water
- Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan forced). Lightly grease and line cupcake tray with cupcake cases.
- Place cake mix, eggs, water and melted butter or margarine into mixing bowl. Mix with a wooden spoon until combined. Spoon batter into cupcake cases.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. Allow to cool in muffin tin for 5 minutes before moving to a cooling rack.
- To make the icing, beat the butter until smooth, pale and fluffy. Gradually add in the icing mix. Slowly add enough hot water to create a creamy mixture beating between each addition until fluffy.
- To ice the cupcakes, pipe the icing onto cupcakes when cooled.
- To decorate, add some chocolate sprinkles and freeze-dried raspberries for extra wow factor!
Add a little magic!
Once iced, add chocolate shavings or toasted walnuts, hazelnuts or desiccated coconut.
Switch it up:
You can bake this as a cake at 180°C (160°C fan forced) for 40-45 minutes and ice as per instructions.
To make Vegan Cupcakes instead:
- Alter Step 2 by placing cake mix, ¼ cup unsweetened apple puree, ¾ cup water and 4 tablespoons melted non-dairy spread into mixing bowl.
- For the Icing, use 150g non-dairy spread instead.
To bake a Vegan Cake instead, substitute:
- Eggs: Instead soak 4 Tbsp of ground flaxseed in ½ cup of warm water for 10 minutes and allow it to thicken.
- Butter/margarine: instead use a non-dairy spread
- Milk: instead use a non-dairy milk.