Banana Bread with Goji Berries
Makes 1 loaf, 10-12 slices
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cooking Time 55-60 minutes
1 ½ cups wholemeal flour
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
1 ½ tsp ground cinnamon
½ cup Cinderella Goji Berries
¾ cup soft brown sugar
½ cup natural unsweetened yoghurt
1 (no 7) egg
1 cup mashed ripe bananas (approx. 2 bananas)
50g butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 180°C (conventional bake). Grease and line the base of a loaf tin (11cm x 21cm x 7cm) with baking paper.
- Put wholemeal flour into a mixing bowl. Sift in baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon. Stir in Cinderella Goji Berries.
- In a separate bowl beat together brown sugar, yoghurt, egg and mashed banana until combined.
- Pour wet ingredients and melted butter into the dry ingredients and mix to combine. Spoon into prepared tin. Bake for 55-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the loaf comes out clean. Cool in the tin for 10 minutes before turning onto a wire rack to cool. Once cold store in an airtight container. Serve sliced with butter, if wished.
- Once cold loaf can be cut into thick slices. Wrap each slice in clingfilm and freeze until required.
- For a great brunch idea, toast slices of banana bread, serve with fresh fruits, yoghurt and a drizzle of maple syrup