Apricot and Blueberry Muffins
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cooking Time 17-20 minutes
2 cups flour
3 tsp baking powder
½ cup caster sugar
¾ cup (150g) Cinderella Apricots, diced
1 cup milk
1 (no 7) egg
100g butter, melted
½ cup fresh or frozen blueberries*
1/3 cup spreadable cream cheese
1 ½ Tbsp caster sugar, extra
- Preheat oven to 190°C (fan assisted). Grease a 12 hole muffin pan.
- Sift flour and baking powder into a mixing bowl. Add the caster sugar and chopped Cinderella Apricots.
- Whisk together milk and egg. Pour into the dry ingredients and add melted butter. Carefully mix to combine. Lastly fold in the blueberries.
- Spoon a tablespoon of the mixture into each muffin hole. Top with ½ tsp of cream cheese. Spoon in remaining mixture to cover the cream cheese. Sprinkle over a little caster sugar.
- Bake for 17-20 minutes, until muffins are golden and spring back when lightly touched in the centre. Leave in the tin for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool. Best eaten the same day.
*If using frozen blueberries the cooking time will be approx. 5 minutes longer. Don’t allow frozen blueberries to thaw to avoid them turning the mixture purple!
Muffins can be frozen. Once cold pack into sealable freezer bags or airtight container. Thaw or microwave frozen muffins on high for 30-40 seconds.